Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Just have to share, Danny's quilt is DONE



I've been wanting to share Danny's finished quilt for the past week or two. A shoulder injury has prevented me from doing this. As I'm about to run out of the house in a mad rush to physiotherapy I want to at least share these 2 pictures.




Gerene longarmed this quilt and made something beautiful into something breathtaking. Each block is done differently and I am nearly speechless. The whole thing is a amazing, of course, but small touches like a bear paw motif on the bear paw block just show how a sense of artistry combined with attention to detail can really add to a quilt block. I couldn't type long enough to explain how amazing each block is. Perhaps when my shoulder feels better.


Here is a picture of the back of the quilt. Lorraine pieced together the back from the 2 fabrics Dale Anne sent. I think it looks amazing and the quilting just makes it POP!

I cannot fully express how much I appreciate everyone's contributions to this outreach. I think the quilt is so lovely, looks planned and as if 1 person made it. That ability to work together, across the net and various locations, is truly inspiring and really shows what level of community and cooperation humans are capable of.
To each of you I say with a huge grin - "You go Girl!"
dawne

2 comments:

Carin said...

Dawne that is a really beautiful quilt! I am glad you are so dedicated to so many good causes!

Sherri said...

Congratulations on an AWESOME job Dawne, Lorraine, and Gerene! (and all the other contributing ladies)

I agree, the quilting is EXQUISITE!

I SO have to learn how to machine quilt some day! I can only imagine how long it would have taken to HAND QUILT all that!

Thank you Dawne for organizing this project. Without your empassioned email, none of this would have gone anywhere!

I'm thrilled with the results, and happy to have been able to participate :)