Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Patience and the Flying Geese Frenzy

Today I had an opportunity to practice patience. I can't say that I enjoyed it but perhaps I needed the reminder! I was piecing together 5" charms to make a lap quilt. No sooner than I realized I could probably do the entire top today I discovered that I needed fabric for the sashing.

I confess I found this quite annoying. I was really in the mood to get this done and, even better, my kids were happily amusing themselves so I had the free time.

I ended up making lemonade from lemons. I used the time to play with a special quilting ruler I bought a few weeks ago. It's a Quilt in A Day Flying Geese ruler.

I've never made a flying geese unit before. I have to tell you this little ruler makes things a snap. Of course, I watched the flying geese tutorial here and that helped a lot.

I'm proud of myself and very pleased with my practice units.



Here you can see the unit before and after. Not too shabby, eh?

No comments: